This is my blog about the different types of books I read, mainly mystery, myths, and magic, and what I thought of them. I hope you like them, too.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Wizard the Witch, and Two Girls From Jersey

 Hi everyone, sorry it's been so long! Today I'm reviewing a book called The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls From Jersey. As awesome a title as that is, I actually came across this fairytale-with-a-twist by accident. This fantasy, by Lisa Papademetriou, is about two girls (guess where they're from) who get sucked into a book and are mistaken as the main character. I really enjoyed this book, and not only because of the loveable dragons, wise wizards (alliteration not intended) and, of course, Jersey girls, but also because of the clever characters and the amazing plot! Although I read this book in 7th grade, I think that it is good for anyone 6th grade and up. The only thing I personally didn't like about the story was the ending. It didn't have a bad ending, just not what I expected. This being said, it was definitely worth the read and I would really like to hear how you guys liked the ending! This book was published in 2006, but Lisa Papademetriou recently came out with a book called Siren's Storm. I haven’t read this book yet, but it looks really good, so anyone who has read it, tell me how you liked it! 
Here's the author's website:  Lisa Papademetriou

That’s all for now. Keep reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment