This is my blog about the different types of books I read, mainly mystery, myths, and magic, and what I thought of them. I hope you like them, too.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sphinx's Princess

Hiya everyone! I know I know it's been forever but to make it up to you I have a great book to review! It's called SPHINX'S PRINCESS.  It is about a girl who is promised to marry a man that she hates. This story takes place in ancient Egypt. As soon as you begin reading you fall in love with the unique strong willed characters, and the amazing plot of a girl who wants to do more than what women back then were allowed to do. This amazing story by Esther M. Friesner (CLICK HERE to bye the book on Amazon) will leave you on the edge of your seat because just when you think the story is getting good they get even better! Now I don't know if this is a series or not because on Amazon it said "(Princesses of myth)" next to the title but not on the book. What I do know, that there is a sequel to this book called Sphinx's Queen. I haven't read this book yet only because it hasn't yet arrived to my public library. I would recommend this book for anyone 5th grade and up (depending on the reader). Ms. Friesner has a ton of other books as well, you can check them out at her WEBSITE.  
Thanks for reading please comment!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this book at the library. Didnt the same author write Nobody's Princees and Nobody's Prize, about Helen of Troy???

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that is the same auther! I'm reading Nobody's Princess right now!

    ReplyDelete