This is my blog about the different types of books I read, mainly mystery, myths, and magic, and what I thought of them. I hope you like them, too.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rick Riordan


Hi everyone! Today I'm going to review 2 series, both by my favorite author Rick Riordan. The first series is my favorite series ever, PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS [Percy jackson Oficial website  (I think)]! When I read these books in fifth grade, I loved the books so much I never stopped reading until I finished! The story brings to life Greek mythology but in modern time! Every word will leave you on the edge of your seat! Every character has a unique personality that you really get to know through the series. The best part is that every book is better than the last! The books are written from the point of view of Percy, and I loved this because everything is described as if a teenage boy was telling it. I loved the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series, and when Rick Riordan came out with a spin-off series called Heroes of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus website) I was ecstatic! In this series it is from the point of view of three new characters! Although they still have the old characters as well, I enjoyed these characters just as much. In this series Jason wakes up on a bus with Piper, and Leo but he has no memory. Although Piper and Leo think they've been friends with him all year, they soon learn that they don't really know who he is. I loved the book and I am counting down the days for the second book to come out on 10/4.  Both of these series are intermediate school level reading but I also know a lot of adults who really enjoyed these series! I absolutely love Percy Jackson and I am Rick Riordan's #1 fan!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love PJO! I am suffocating from the lack of it so much that I cant read anthing else until the son of neptune comes out.

    ReplyDelete