This is my blog about the different types of books I read, mainly mystery, myths, and magic, and what I thought of them. I hope you like them, too.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The View From the Cherry Tree.

There is nothing more annoying then reading a mystery book, and solving the mystery in the first few chapters! Well, not in Willow Davis Roberts' book called THE VIEW FROM THE CHERRY TREE. This book was one of the only school required readings that I actually enjoyed! Even my class enjoyed it! In this book you will think you have this murder mystery solved but then you find another clue that points you in the other direction. This would be a great book for a 10-12 year old. This book is innocent enough to be school appropriate, but had enough action for it to be interesting to every kid in the class! The book is about a boy (Rob) who witnesses a murder everyone thinks is an accident. As he tries to discover who the murderer is, he realizes the murderer's next victim might be him! This book is funny, clever, and you'll be at the edge of your seat every second! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I figured I would say hi. Being a VIP follower is great. I am so proud of myself. I didnt read the book yet, so Ill save it for the school year. The best part is, Ill only have to take math every other day! Happy birthday to me!

    ReplyDelete