This is my blog about the different types of books I read, mainly mystery, myths, and magic, and what I thought of them. I hope you like them, too.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The 39 clues

 Hi people! About a year ago I started reading a series called THE 39 CLUES! I loved the series as soon as I started it. These books are a continuous mystery. It also allows you to continue the mystery after each book with the cards that come with it, or you could go online at http://www.the39clues.com/. I liked this book because it's a perfect combination of mystery, adventure, and history! In each book they travel to a different place in hunt for 39 clues, a family secret that has been lost for centuries, while being chased by their competitive relatives. Unlike most series, each book is written by a different author (with the exception of a few) which was an easy way to try out new authors. The first 10 books are about Amy and Dan searching for the clues, but recently book 11 came out and is about another family wanting the clues! Although the 11th book was slow in the beginning, I am really looking forward to the 12th book coming out on 8/30/11! This series is a great story, but were an easy read for me. My guess is that these books would be best for 3rd-6th graders.  So they might be an easy read but I think they can be good for all ages.


2 comments:

  1. There are many people I know that have not wanted to read the series because it is written by different people. Your idea of using the series as an introduction to new authors is AWESOME - and you gave me a great idea for a new book display in my library. Please keep your reviews coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read uptill the 8th book, but then it got rather tedious.I prefer fast-paced books that have LOTS of detail. The 39 clues sort of skims through them

    ReplyDelete