This is my blog about the different types of books I read, mainly mystery, myths, and magic, and what I thought of them. I hope you like them, too.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Dreaming Anastasia

Dreaming Anastasia: "A Novel of Love, Magic, and the Power of Dreams." I love real world mysteries, and although the question of Anastasia's fate was recently answered, as soon as I saw the title of this book I HAD to read it. This book is kind of hard to describe; it's a romantic, twisted, magical, fairytale...thingy. It's about a girl, Anne, who finds out that she has magic powers. She and Ethan (a young looking, old guy) have to save Anastasia from the witch Baba Yaga. Joy Preble (the author) did an amazing job bringing the mystery of Anastasia to life in a way no one (not even Disney) has done before. I will admit that I didn't read some of the things that Anastasia "wrote" because I'm not great with cursive but after a few google searches and help from my mom, (who eventually made me "re-learn" cursive) I read most of it. The book has lovable characters, an exciting plot, and enough twists to make you unable to put it down.

Haunted: Very rarely will the sequel be better than the first book, but in this case it definitely is. I couldn't put it down!  This book takes place a little after the ending of the first book. I can't really explain what the plot was about without giving things away that occurred in the first book, but I think Cynthia Leithich Smith (NY Times best selling author) pretty much summed it up as "Spooky Sassy, Sinister, and Sexy!" Although at parts it was a bit far fetched (even for a fantasy,) I really enjoyed the romantic twists that occurred throughout the story. Speaking of romantic twists, I will  say that this book was a little more adult then I usually read so I wouldn't read this book if you are in any grade under 9th grade. I really enjoyed the books and I do plan on reading the third book. The problem is I think there is going to be a third book but I can't find anything about it, like the title, or the release date. If anyone knows anything about the third book then post it in the comments.
That's all for now Please Comment

2 comments:

  1. Ok, we need to talk about needing to "relearn" cursive! ACK! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/2304321-anastasia-forever-team-opportunity-of-a-lifetime
    Heyy people the release date for Anastasia Forever is August 1st

    ReplyDelete