This is my blog about the different types of books I read, mainly mystery, myths, and magic, and what I thought of them. I hope you like them, too.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Which and Wizard

I was looking through my pasts posts and realized that I haven't reviewed one of my favorite series! All of you are aware that the title of my blog is Mystery, Myths, & Magic. The Witch & Wizard series is the reason why I have the "Magic" in the title. I read this book and 6th grade when I saw a commercial for it, and being an 11-year-old girl I thought any book that had a commercial of its own must be a REALLY good book. Luckily I was right! This incredible story by James Patterson has what I thought was the best theme ever:  that adults can be wrong. When I learned more about themes in school, I looked back and realized that this might not be the exact detail that the author meant for the theme. Although this book was a little more dark then most of the stories I read, I loved the plot! In this story Whit and Wisty (brother and sister) are thrown in jail for being a Witch and a Wizard (this is just a guess but I think that is how he got the title). Now, I will say that it isn't about them rotting in prison the entire time, but it was interesting even when they were because...well you will have to read the book to find out. I read this book in 6th grade but I wouldn't suggest anyone lower then 5th grade to read this book. I LOVED the story line of this because you could see it was based onWorld War II. Now, I don't mean that it takes place in the 1940's, or the Nazis or Hitler were in it, but the characters resembled it. For example THE ONE (the guy in charge of the new order) is like Hitler, and THE NEW ORDER is like the Nazis.

James Patterson is an amazing author, but after I finished the first book I had to wait a year to read the next book, witch (bad pun sorry) drove me insane because, I think we can all agree, James Patterson is the king of cliff hangers. The second book, The Gift, was just as amazing the first, if not better. It had even more twists that left me staring at the page in an enjoyable disbelief. I spent hours in my room reading the book because I just couldn't put it down! After finishing The Gift I was once again annoyed with James Patterson, because the ending was both an enormous cliff hanger, and an even bigger twist. The Next book is called The Fire, and it comes out 12/5/11. 
Here is the trailers for the books (and THE GIFT's preview said something about a movie)
Witch &Wizard
The Gift
The books a lot better than the trailers
That's all for now KEEP READING.

No comments:

Post a Comment